The main responsibility of the Service Food Assistant is to give support to the Service Food Supervisor in the daily preparation and presentation of fresh food and drink products to customers as well as the overall operations of the service food kitchen.
The SFA works closely with and reports to the Service Food Supervisor (SFS).
- Assists the SFS to plan the menu and food production based on the estimated number of customers daily
- Assists the SFS in food preparation and cooking
- Checks portion sizes and the overall presentation of food
- Tastes cooked food in order to ensure palatability and flavor conformity follows serving procedures
- Serves and attends to customers properly and in a timely manner.
- Carries out periodic inventory counts of food & beverages, kitchen utensils/equipment and supplies
- Inspects utensils regularly for replacement and communicates replacement needs to
- Assists the SFS to maintain a simple food selection to keep selection appealing customers
- Assist in the launch of new menu introductions and offer-of-the-week food on the menu
- Visits the competition for price comparisons, product and merchandising ideas
- Works with the SFS to achieve weekly targets.
- Cleans the kitchen equipment and utensils according to the guidelines
- Complies with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance
- Records spoilt food items and properly disposes of them following established procedures
- Takes care for a healthy and safe work environment in the kitchen by proactively identifying and rectifying potential hazards.
- Works with the SFS to maintain a positive customer environment
- Reports customer suggestions, comments, and complaints regarding food quality or service to SFS
- Greets and assists customers in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- OND/HND, Bsc in Restaurant and hospitality management, food management or any food related course
- Good experience in in the food production and retail industry.
- Cooking skills and knowledge of recipes and food matching
- Able to prepare fresh food in large quantities
- Knowledge of relevant food safety legislations and haccp rules
- Good understanding of the meaning of food quality and freshness
- Have high standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules
- Should be an expert in food control and have excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Energy, drive and a strong can-do attitude (getting-it-done mentality)
- desire for continuous food improvement and professional development.
Required Skills & Expertise Cooking skills and knowledge of recipes and food matching
Job Sector Consumer Goods
Employment Type Full Time
Years of Experience 1 - 3 years
Related Jobs (14)
Marketers on February 17, 2020
STANDARDS OFFICER on January 24, 2020
HEALTH SERVICE, STANDARDS AND CLAIMS MANAGER on January 24, 2020
DATA VERIFICATION OFFICER on January 24, 2020
ACCOUNT AND PROCUREMENT MANAGER on January 24, 2020
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING MANAGER on January 24, 2020
DISPUTE AND LEGAL MANAGER on January 24, 2020
HEALTH SERVICE MANAGER on January 24, 2020
ICT AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER on January 24, 2020
HR AND ADMIN MANAGER on January 24, 2020