Responsible for the smooth running of the farm business, dealing with accounts, budgets, salaries and other financial issues.
First point of contact with suppliers and customers.
Work closely with farmers, farm managers etc to ensure that all tasks are completed to schedule and in compliance with relevant legislation.
The job is a combination of everyday tasks and more complex management issues.
- Preparing accounts and budgets and monitoring cash flows
- Keeping accurate records and storing these effectively
- Calculating salaries and maintaining employment records
- Costing and ordering supplies
- Ensuring all payments are made on time
- Making sure all legislative issues are complied with
- Completing forms for subsidies and grants
- Dealing with VAT and tax returns
- Staying on top of general administrative duties
- Getting quotes for machinery and other purchases
- Dealing with suppliers and customers
- Utilising software extensively to complete all tasks
You are going to be someone who is well organised and with a good head for figures because most of what you do will be concerned with financial issues.
Your communication skills will also need to be tip top, both verbal and written; working most of the time on computer means a high level of competence with various software programmes.
As you are dealing with financial and personnel issues it is important that you are able to use your discretion in certain matters.
Part of the work involves working alone and part involves working with others so you’ll need to be someone who is comfortable with either scenario; this is particularly important when dealing with customers and other external contacts.
Finally and most importantly you’ll be expected to have an interest in all matters rural and farming.
Required Skills & Expertise Relevant experience. Computer literacy and knowledge of book keeping software
Job Sector Agriculture
Employment Type Full Time
Related Jobs (22)
Carpentry and Joinery Insructor on November 29, 2018
Industrial Arts Instructor on November 29, 2018
Report Writer on November 29, 2018
Marketer on November 28, 2018
Social Media Assistant on November 28, 2018
Architectural Drawing Instructor on November 28, 2018
Engineering Drawing Instructor on November 28, 2018
Secretary on November 28, 2018
Office Assistant on November 28, 2018
Legal Assistant on November 28, 2018